Our Response To Coronavirus (Covid-19)
HarborWalk Theater remains committed to prioritizing the safety and well being of our guests, employees, and artists while visiting our theater. Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe while you’re enjoying one of our award-winning live shows.
- We have greatly increased sanitization efforts throughout the theater by utilizing disinfecting sprays, wipes, and cleaners for every possible surface or area.
- We have limited our theater’s seating to half (50%) capacity so that our guests may space out with social distance seating.
- High traffic areas will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- We have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the theater for your convenience.
- We will be checking the temperature of all employees prior to entering the theater. Employees with any symptoms of illness will not be allowed to work until they’ve fully recovered.
- Doors will still open 30 minutes prior to the performances. Most guests will complete our quick “check-in process” in the outside waiting area in order to minimize wait times and standing in line.
- The wearing of masks by our guests isn’t required, but is recommended, especially for guests who’re elderly or have underlying health conditions. If you don’t have one, masks will be available at the theater if you decide you’d like to wear one when you arrive.
One thing is certain, our theater has never been cleaner! With that said, please keep in mind that our shows do involve audience participation to some extent. It’s what makes our shows unique, and separates our form of entertainment from the rest. Our artists will make every effort to utilize audience involvement in a fun and safe manner, and as always, no one is required to participate on stage mandatorily. If you have any specific questions regarding our Coronavirus (Covid-19) operational procedures, please feel free to contact us here through our website, or by giving us a call at 850-273-7888.